Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Salton Sea's North Shore Yacht Club is Saved!

As many of you know, I spent a few years working on a project documenting California's Salton Sea. I first discovered the Salton Sea about 10 years ago while on a road trip with my mom; it has held a special place in my heart ever since. One of the Salton Sea's most iconic buildings is the North Shore Yacht Club. It was built in 1958 by one of my favorite architects, Albert Frey. For decades the structure sat abandoned, eventually gutted and severely vandalized. I figured it was just a matter of time before it was demolished. This past week I came upon an article revealing the news. The yacht club restoration project has been approved and construction has begun! Click here to read the article. Below is the front and back of a vintage postcard, advertising the club.


Here are a few images from my Salton Sea project. The rest can be seen on my website by clicking on Exhibited, on the home page.




Pin It!

2 comments: